Dyana's Reviews > Blankets

Blankets by Craig Thompson

Feb 27, 08

bookshelves: romance
Read in February, 2008

** spoiler alert ** I just finished reading this book. I think it was great, I loved the way that Thompson protrayed himself. I would not recommend this book to be read by younger children, especially since themes in the book that come up are sex, child abuse (sexual), violence, and language.

The story is basically about a guy telling about his childhood and about his life as a Christian, especially how it gets hard when he mets Reina, a young Christian teen who has difficult issues as well.

To the end of the book, I felt a taste of hate towards Reina. Yes, she was going through her parents divorce, but all she really cared about was herself a bit. It seemed as if she was using Thompson as a get a way, and he even said that he thought that they "were using each other".
As a Christian I felt deeply touched by this book. Especially since it did show a lot of truths. I seriously enjoyed it. Not just because it was a graphic novel, but because I felt I could relate to how the characters felt in the book, and events that had taken place.

5 stars for this book. I would recommend reading this book with some hot chocolate and a "cool" quilt. Ha ha.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blankets.