Lou's Reviews > Before I Go To Sleep

Oct 10, 12

bookshelves: june-read
Read from June 11 to 15, 2011

June 15th 2am 2011

I am writing this down in my journal
I must do this otherwise I fear tomorrow I might not remember anything.
Anything about the book I read today or about me or my wife, well she says she is.
I woke up this morning and my eyes were cast upon a striking beautiful woman in an even more striking body wearing nice lingerie that fits like a glove.
I have no idea at that moment who she is, she says she's my wife but I don't remember being married! I am trying to piece together my life.
All this is too much to muster I have been told I was in an accident I had fallen over an egg and banged my head. Strange but I don't remember this, this is what she my wife tells me.
I need to write this in my oh so important journal otherwise I will run through the same routine again and not recollect her or the egg.
Oh yes that book before I forget this book has inspired me to write more into this journal as the female protagonist is in same situation as me. Her story is ever so more gripping, its tense I am almost glued to the pages her quest is heart warming and heartbreaking I felt tears of joy and sadness on the completion of her story. The story is in the first-person narrative and flows in a visceral fashion. They say it can be cured what we have if we piece together our past and write, I hope so.
The story was something fresh and different well worth the read. When I wake up tomorrow I must remember on reading this journal that I have to share these thoughts and write a review.
Photobucket

Review also featured on my webpage >here and also
Watch SJ Watson on Richard and Judy book club
here

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Before I Go To Sleep.

06/13/2011 page 150

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mark (new)

Mark this review and therefore presumably the book, if you can rememeber, reminds me of that brilliant eerie film 'memento' with Guy Pierce

message 2: by Lou (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Mark wrote: "this review and therefore presumably the book, if you can rememeber, reminds me of that brilliant eerie film 'memento' with Guy Pierce"

Ah yes I do think I remember only slightly.

Martha Lou's review was better than the book....

message 4: by Howard (new)

Howard Loring Martha, I aften find that is the case

Jackie Well, despite being advised to the contrary, I loved the book and this review made me smile - clever!

Leslie Kent I didn't care for the book. I did as always care for your review. :)

message 7: by Lou (last edited Jul 19, 2012 06:12AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lou Leslie wrote: "I didn't care for the book. I did as always care for your review. :)"

Wow thanks thats really nice to hear genuine feedback! Take care ;)

Julie Hopkins ...now I need to know...was the egg hard boiled or fresh?...I'll wait while you go and check in your journal ...

Apollo Adama Omg this thread is a crack up.

message 10: by D.p. (new) - rated it 3 stars

D.p. This thread IS better than the book, lol. I'm about halfway thru, figured everything out chapters ago, and the repetitiveness is absolutely killing me. I'm tempted to just go pop '50 first dates' in my DVD player, but I'll muddle thru. Thanks for cracking me up.