Marie's Reviews > Succubus Blues

4812013
May 05, 11

bookshelves: angels
Read from May 02 to 04, 2011

Honestly, I picked up this book with some reservations. I was looking for a new series to read, and the first book was cheap for the Nook. So, I purchased it.

I was, however, worried that it would be too sexy (I mean, it's about a succubus, it was bound to be sexy. But I have a limit) and that the paranormal romance would get annoying. I'm not actually a big PNR fan, to tell the truth, but I figured since Georgina used to be human, I wouldn't get all weirded out. And I didn't.

Here are the things I liked the best about this book:
1. Just...Georgina in general. She's sexy, funny, and I loved the whole 'reluctant Succubus' thing she had going. She's a great character.
2. But I especially enjoyed her wit. Georgina has a great wry sense of humor. I loved being inside her head.
3. Demons and angels as a team. I really liked Carter and Jerome. They kind of reminded me of Aziraphale and Crowley from Good Omens.
4. Actually, just the whole Heaven/Hell dynamic. All the characters were fun to read about, even the 'evil' ones, and I loved how they worked together, realizing that they were enemies, but figuring they didn't have to worry about it for a while.
5. Also, I enjoyed that when I read the book, Carter looked like Misha Collins from Supernatural in my head. But in my defense, any time I read a book with an angel in it, they look like him. It's not THAT creepy of me, is it?

Actually, I don't care if that makes me creepy.
Seriously, look at him. I don't actually care if this makes me creepy.

What I didn't like about the book:
1. It was waaaay too predictable who the bad guy was. I would have preferred it if there was a little more mystery involved.
2. Seth was boring. Yes, the dude writes beautiful novels and letters, but I'm hoping he's more interesting in the next book.

Anyway. 4.5/5 stars. I highly recommend this book! But not for the youngin's. It may not have been overboard sexy, but there were quite a few sexy/steamy scenes. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Succubus Blues.

05/04/2011 page 77