Shelli's Reviews > Liar, Liar: The Theory, Practice and Destructive Properties of Deception

Liar, Liar by Gary Paulsen

May 04, 11

bookshelves: older-kids-teen
Read on May 04, 2011

Funny! This small chapter book for pre-teens/teens is a comical read about a 14 year old named Kevin who finds life is just easier when he lies. The key is knowing how to lie. For example a lie is most believable when you are telling someone what they want to hear. They are less likely to question you that way. After a sudden cupid attack Kevin decides he needs to convince his gorgeous classmate Tina that he is excellent boyfriend material. To do this he needs time to stalk... I mean follow Tina around all day so she can notice his awesomeness. He can't let something like classes get in the way can he? Kevin creatively finds ways to convince his teachers that he must miss a few days of classes because of other extracurricular activities that he is doing. Thus freeing up his time to be where Tina is. Aside from his school life Kevin's family is having their own struggles. He soon has to find how powerful forgiveness can be.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Liar, Liar.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Thanks for the description of this story ~ I like that you didn't include a spoiler, but told the general premise. I like your writing style a lot.

Shelli Thanks! I try and write my reviews like I would if I were describing a book to a customer - give them enough info with out giving away too much.