Paranormal Haven's Reviews > Chosen by Fate

Chosen by Fate by Virna DePaul

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: reviewed-read-by-stephanie, reviewed-read-by-athenna
Read in February, 2012

The Para Ops team has been assigned to infiltrate the feline shifter community to find the person or persons responsible for the sudden surge of rapes of female felines.
With her history with felines Wraith didn't like this assignment as it is, but the fact that she can no longer deny the feelings she has for Caleb is what sent her fleeing the team.
Caleb has his own bad history with the felines he has to deal with but first he must retrieve Wraith and convince her he loves her and doesn't not want to cause her any more pain even if that means he can't touch her.
As with all wraiths, if they try and kill themselves to end their immortality then they come back wrong and they come back sensitive to touch, all types of touch from another causes them pain. This pain is something that Wraith use to thrive on. She allowed this type of treatment to happen to herself because she didn't care about herself must less anyone else, but that changed with Caleb O' Flare. She couldn't let herself take him down too, she knew her turning was happening and that her death was emanate. Like all wraiths, she is predetermined to die after her tenth year. So somehow she’d have to leave this sexy man alone so she didn't hurt him too. But that may be easier said than done.
This was an excellent addition to this series. I loved the first one with Knox and Felicia but I think this one was equally good. Wraith was a little rough around the edges but she kind of grows on you and Caleb’s love for her is amazing. You can’t help but feel all he feels for her, the love, heat and even his frustration.
It's entertaining from start to finish, you still have the underlining adjective of saving world and proving its worth saving to a god who thinks it’s a waste and they should wipe the slate and start over. Then the new conflict arises with the felines. I love the twist at end it was great..
I cannot wait for the next book. There was a little cliff hanger at the end with a small enuendo, so I can’t wait to see how it all plays out.
**Athenna**

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chosen by Fate.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Hbeebti I cant wait to read this one. Great review.