Austin Reynolds's Reviews > Ironman

Ironman by Chris Crutcher

May 04, 11

Well, over the last couple weeks we have been reading the book Ironman, by Chris Crutcher. By looking at my star rating, you could guess that I loved this book. The book implemented conflict, trust, courage, and a bit of athletic struggle to be the best you can be. All of these parts make this book great.
It starts out as Bo Brewster writing to Larry King, famed talkshow host, letting Larry know that he is an up and coming athlete who is going to be famous for he Ironman completions. Later on he gets in an arguement with a condescending coach named Mr.Redmond, and he ends up facing expulsion, or the Nak Pack anger management group.
In this group he learns the terrible past of those around him, and also a true love (Shelly). He gets a second, better family in this group, later known as his 'Stotans'. They became his supports and trainers in his training for the Iroman.
Bo also makes an enemy, named Ian Wyrack. Late in the story, it's race time. Ian makes a Ironmen relay team with two other people and challenge Bo to beat them. with the help of Bo's Stotans, he beats Ian, and the story finishes. Happily ever after.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ironman.