Miryeo's Reviews > Flyte

Flyte by Angie Sage

May 10, 11

bookshelves: childrens, 00-read-2011, 00-reviewed, owned, young-adult-fantasy, 3
Read from May 04 to 09, 2011

** spoiler alert ** Flyte was much more enjoyable than the first book. I bet that Angie Sage read the reviews saying the first book was too patronizing, because that tone was certainly gone from this book, or else I just didn't notice it.

And of course, it helps that Septimus Heap was in most of the scenes. I like that kid; his points of view were the nicest to read. His personality has also developed substantially. I like how his Young Army self and his Wizard self both seem to be in the current him. Sep is so cool, what with Flyte and Spit Fyre and all. Plus, the appearance of his friend, Wolf Boy, was a very welcome event. I just loved the way they sat together on the boat with their arms around each other's shoulders. :D

Though I never really liked Jenna or Nicko in the previous book, they are more likeable to me now. Particularly because I can actually distinguish one from the other. They don't just bundle together and do the same stuff anymore. They've grown. *tear*

I liked the plot better too. 'Cause I want some real villains, not that slow Hunter or DomDaniel who only sat on his throne. (Err, I guess DomDaniel is actually more immobile here...) A Heap being one of the main villains? Just perfect. :)

The ending was a little meh. I think it was done too fast, but this is a small chink on a really good better-than-the-first book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Flyte.