Guilty Pleasures's Reviews > Going Cowboy Crazy

Going Cowboy Crazy by Katie Lane

May 06, 11

bookshelves: kindle-amazon, favorites
Read on May 04, 2011

Faith goes to Bramble TX looking for a twin she never knew she had. What she finds is a case of mistaken identity, a smokin' hot cowboy, who tries everything to seduce her, a small town full of quirky busybodies, said busybodies refuse to believe she is Faith and not her twin, which causes a ruckus and a dog named Buster, she almost accidentally kills,well, almost on a daily basis.

Being TEXAS born and bred myself, I was cringing at some of the satirical stereotypes of a small Texas town, but once I got into the first couple of chapters I couldn't help but laugh along with the story, especially when I admit I've come in contact with some of those type people.

This is a fast paced, great book with humor, emotions, comedy and just enough steam to make me catch my breath and get a little tingly, but not fall in the erotic category (not bashing erotic, cause all my friends know I lurrvvvv me some steamy, erotic stories).

Actually, I LOVE the way the intimate scenes are written, because they did make me catch my breath without being erotic, don't get me wrong they are descriptive, just not "boom, chicka, wow-wow" descriptive. As a reference, here are non-erotic authors who are great at writing books with what I consider "catch my breath" intimate moments, Jill Shalvis, Toni Blake, Robin Kaye, Christie Craig, Carly Phillips, Rachel Gibson, Susan Mallery. The best erotic author with "catch my breath" moments is Lorelei James, who just happens to be my all time favorite author, period.

Katie Lane is not only a new author for me, this is her debut book, and I look forward to book two, Make Mine A Bady Boy, Hope's story to be released June 1, 2011.

p.s. my definition of a "catch my breath" moment - it's one where the H grabs, looks, says, does something that leads up to an intimate moment, which is written so well it just makes my heart jump and me catch my breath.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Going Cowboy Crazy.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sondra I've only read about 15% and I've chuckled several times already.

Kellie is a bookwhoreasaurus just not "boom, chicka, wow-wow" descriptive. --HAHAHA I LOVE THIS REVIEW! and i love LJ as well so Ive decided Im going to follow your reviews to see what your reading, so I can add it to my TBR list