Carol's Reviews > Heaven is for Real: A Little Boy's Astounding Story of His Trip to Heaven and Back

Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo

May 15, 2011

Read in May, 2011 — I own a copy

This book was a very quick read, due to the fact that I didn't want to stop reading it. Todd Burpo did an excellent job in describing the events that led to his son's discovery of Heaven. If you have children, you can appreciate his depiction of the events and mannerisms of his children. If you have lost a child, you can appreciate the pain that Todd, and especially his wife reflect upon, and the sheer joy that they experience when they are delivered a simple, yet powerful message from their son, Colton.

Although I didn't want to put this book down, I would have to stop reading for at least a few minutes between chapters, as I had to take that time to reflect upon what I had just read.

Having grown up a Catholic, I truly believe in Heaven and always have.... but this book turns that belief into a form of peace that I never knew was missing.

This is a crazy, wild-kind-of-ride world that we live in, and if you are a believer in Heaven (or not) this is a book that will settle you down and place your faith in its proper perspective.... at least that's what it did for me.
41 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Heaven is for Real.

02/16 marked as: read

Izzabelle i agree with you...i didn't understand the hurtful and negative things people had to say. if they don't believe they don't have to bash the book. the heaven is for real (kid version) is even better...i purchased it for my four little brothers in hopes that it reassured them as much as it did me.

Nick May I agree with both your comments. So much hate in the world but deep down this book was a true testament of what god can do!

Rachael I think you described my feelings exactly. I grew up christian. I have questioned God, but always believed in God and Heaven. This book gave me peace that I was missing. I believe we should not fear death because we will be living in eternity. Although I want to live a full life here on Earth I do not want to fear death either.

message 4: by Eustice (new) - added it

Eustice Seeney You got to be nuts. I am wonderin' if this is the work of Satan.

Monika Spencer Unless u become sweet, innocent, simplistic, free spirited like a little child u can forget about going to Heaven anyway!!
Jesus said so!! Loves this book. We will hear from Todd again n the near future.

Justin All those deceased Nigerian benefactors ought to start changing their story to a near death child who "experienced heaven"... Sounds as though they'll make a killing ... Mr Burpo has shown the way.

message 7: by Nancy (new)

Nancy You are absolutely right