Megan's Reviews > Never Deceive a Duke

Never Deceive a Duke by Liz Carlyle

May 05, 11

Read from May 04 to 05, 2011

Ok so if you are picking up this book directly after the first in the series then you know, have met and formed an opinion of Zee's business partner, Garreth Lloyd.

I can tell you right now that anything you thought about it will be blown away and smashed, as he truly is a secret keeper. One of his many secrets is that he is a distant cousin to an heirless Duke. Who is now dead, therefore the once poor, forgotten lonley child reared by the Neville's is now a Duke. Who knew?

Change to Garreth at new Duke residence, which of course has bad memories he is all sensitive about. Cut to his distant cousin's wife, Antonia. As Dowager Duchess, he somewhat feels responsible about her, and learns about her.

Antonia is a broken soul much like Garreth. THis a dark love story, with two tortured main characters. Both have demons, each demon is different but equally powerful. Yet they try toovercome everything, while dealing with suspicion, murder, mysteries, and traitors.

I enjoyed the first book in this series, I enjoyed this book in the series. I know Rothwell is coming next. I am excited to see some light shine into his darken world. Always the sullen creature. At least Nash and even Garreth had moments of levity.

Either way pick up this book and enjoy. It sucked me in from page one, and their romance moves pretty fast paced physically. Not so much emotionally. Sex is an escape for them both, and neither ever had to pretend virtue. She a widow twice over, and he not from the higher ranks of society never truly understood the strict rules.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Never Deceive a Duke.

05/04/2011 page 64
15.0% "Oh boy Oh boy! In the first book of this series I was not crazy about Gareth Lloyd. However it turns out that he is a man with many secrets. AND he is a duke! The Dowager Duchess is a mystery but we have not learned much from her yet. As it stands I think she had quite the terrible life, assumes the worst in people. The books keeps calling her fragile looking, unsure. Either way the sparks are already flying!"
05/05/2011 page 268
64.0% "So I know I am liking this book because I am powering through it. It is amazing just how grief sticken and damaged these two are. They are learning that they have each other to lean on but just can't take that first step. I am not sure I like how Anotnia uses Garreth for sex to forget her problems. If she is so fragile then she shouldn't be so callous. This is defiantly a darker book, but I can't wait, next book!"
show 2 hidden updates…