Maria (The Ghost in the Shelves)'s Reviews > Death: The High Cost of Living

Death by Neil Gaiman

F_50x66
As a huge fan of Neil Gaiman, I've also been a huge fan of the Sandman series. Even through the intricate plots there was one particular character I couldn't get enough of- Dreams' (Morpheus') older sister, Death. I absolutely loved this spin-off, and was utterly raptured by Neil Gaiman's thoughtful input on life after meeting Death. The Sandman series really changed how I think about heaven and hell, dreams and nightmares, and just life in general. It's not that I believe everything about the ideology of life and death in the series, but it's a unique perspective. If you keep an open mind and a passion for well-written graphic novels, I completely recoend divulging yourself in this little masterpeice.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Death.

Quotes Maria Liked

Neil Gaiman
“Oh - that family, yes. There are still some photos of them around here. They look like nice people, don't they?"

They...'look like nice people'?"

Well, they do, don't they? Of course, they never actually existed - except maybe in the most tenuous and retrospective way - but still, it's nice to think they were good people."

Uh. Right. Gee, I suppose you must do a lot of drugs.”
Neil Gaiman, Death: The High Cost of Living