Melindeeloo's Reviews > Big Bad Beast

Big Bad Beast by Shelly Laurenston

May 03, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read in May, 2011

I am such a fan girl when it comes to Laurenston's Pride (Pack and her Dragons too), her combination of humor and heat and deadly females is completely unique in the crowded paranormal romance genre. And speaking of deadly females, they don't come deadlier than heroine Dee-Ann and in fact she's been so hard core in her appearances in previous books in the series that I just couldn't imagine how Laurenston was going to pull off a romance with Dee as leading lady. But I should have never questioned Laurenston's skills, because she totally pulled it off and Big Bad Beast is a real winner.

There was so much that I loved about this book: I loved the hero, the wily Ric (Ulrich) and the way he carefully reels Dee in - after years of wanting no one but her. I loved the way that this seemingly mismatched pair ended up being so right for each other, and I loved that lots of past characters get decent cameos (which is really a wonderful gift for us devoted fans.)

So a big thumbs up from me and I don't know how I am going to wait for my next fix - I may have to *gasp* reread(!) the earlier books in the series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bad Beast.