Shellie Neumeier's Reviews > Leaving

Leaving by Karen Kingsbury

May 03, 11

Read in April, 2011

Bailey Flanigan straddles two worlds as she decides whether or not to follow her dreams or her heart. When a once-in-a-lifetime audition drops in her lap, Bailey fights to earn her way to Broadway with her talent and not her name. Meanwhile Cody Coleman, Bailey’s former flame, faces unending challenges as the new assistant coach for a floundering, small-town football team. Despite their separate woes, both find themselves musing as to the other’s whereabouts and well-being. Will they find themselves drawn to one another or will they discover love in the arms of someone new?

Karen Kingsbury doesn’t disappoint with her lively characters and enjoyable plot layers. Despite the close ties this novel has to previous series, Ms. Kingsbury gathers the readers into the intricacies of this story quickly and smoothly. No need to go back and read the other titles first, all though it would add to the flavor if you did. It was an enjoyable read and I look forward to the next in line, Learning.

I received this book free from the publisher. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Leaving.