JoLee's Reviews > Midnight in Austenland

Midnight in Austenland by Shannon Hale

Feb 10, 12

bookshelves: 2012
Read in February, 2012

Midnight in Austenland was highly anticipated in this household. (Okay, just by me, but still.) I loved Shannon Hale's Austenland. It was just so dang funny. Ms. Hale has a great sense of humor that makes her adult books such a pleasure to read. Plus, going to Pembrook Park was just so fun. What a treat to get to return.

Charlotte is our main character in Midnight in Austenland. A recent divorcee, she is suffering from a lack of confidence. Colonel Andrews engineers a mystery for the guests, but as in Northanger Abbey, Charlotte is not sure whether the mysterious that seem to be unfolding around her are part of the artifice of Pembrook Park or reality.

Midnight in Austenland is fun and mysterious and populated with great characters. Serious good times. I recently read an interview with Shannon Hale, and she mentioned that she hopes to continue to return to Austenland. I hope so too.

I'm giving this book 5-stars for its level of fun.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Midnight in Austenland.

Sarah Ooh! I had no idea there was another book! I really liked the first one. This is going on my to-read immediately. Thanks!