Ritu's Reviews > An Atlas of Impossible Longing

An Atlas of Impossible Longing by Anuradha Roy

May 03, 2011

Read in May, 2011

An excellent book! Very well written! The story line had me mesmerized. I empathised with all the characters which means that the author captured the essence of the person. One could see the progression of insanity in Kananbala and understand why she became how she did. I liked the beginning more than the ending. It is a love story and I wonder if the author tried to rush into ending the story at the end. I was dissapointed that Mukanda did not do more for Suleiman Khan. Mukanda did come out as a weak man in the end; succumbing to the intolerable business of extorting wealth at the expense of the weak. He also let down his family and gave up his son too easily. He grew up without a family and he left his son in an environment to grow up without a father. It was a romantic end with Bakul and Mukunda coming together. But what about his wife and son? They were not at fault. Similarly, Mukunda used Suleiman Khan's love, property and ended up taking advantage of him. Maybe the story is realistic - people today are living in a dog eats dog environment. A must read book!
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read An Atlas of Impossible Longing.

02/05 marked as: read