Cari's Reviews > The Baby Book: Everything You Need to Know About Your Baby from Birth to Age Two

The Baby Book by William Sears

Dec 17, 11

bookshelves: kindle-read
Read from May 03 to December 17, 2011

Technically I'm still reading this book - or at least consulting it. But I've decided I've read enough to go ahead and join the masses who appreciate Sears' approach to childrearing. Like all child-related literature I've read, this one is full of irritating sections (particularly the part about going back to work, which seemed to me more like a lecture on ways to NOT go back to work, rather than advice on how to do so in a healthy way for mom and baby), but it overwhelming had a lot of good advice for a first-time parent, and in general I like the "attachment parenting" approach (though in moderation).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Baby Book.

message 1: by Nisha (new)

Nisha I hadn't heard of this baby book (there are so many out there). In case you are interested in others, I have the "what to expect the first year" (same author of "What to expect when you are expecting") and I have found it to be a very helpful reference book. For more social emocional development the Berry Brazelton book is good as well (it's titled Touchpoints). I can't believe Julian's first year is almost up!!!!

Cari I think I'm going to reading this for the next 2 years, but so far I'm finding it an invaluable reference book.

message 3: by Dave (new)

Dave Some good stuff here and on the website, but I too was irritated by the jerky "advice" to working parents.

Also, forgive me for not automatically accepting the Revealed Truth brought down from the mountain, but would it kill them to include a few references? I have great respect for doctors, and I'm prepared to accept some things on the basis of pediatric expertise… but Sears claims to have personally written over thirty books. You have to at least wonder how well-sourced they all are.