furious's Reviews > Crooked Little Vein

Crooked Little Vein by Warren Ellis

Nov 11, 10

bookshelves: mines, sci-fi, hardcover, noir, mystery
Read in January, 2008

this is the ultimate 3.5, because i've switched my rating between 3 & 4 about six times so far. warren ellis used to be much more interesting to me before i started following him on the internet, shortly after Transmet ended. it was like living with warren ellis. you got to know how he thinks, it was just way too much. he would post links to all the weird shit he was researching for various projects, & then when the work came out i was always disappointed. i feel like if you gave me those links & told me to write a book, "as though warren ellis had written it," i would have written Crooked Little Vein, verbatim. which is not necessarily, in & of itself, a bad thing. but sometimes [oftentimes -ed.] when a writer has a style that... stylistic, it can get boring after awhile. but this is a pretty decent book, as long as you understand that it's way more about horrendously disgusting details of insanely freakish behavior than about the actual characters. okay, it's a 3.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crooked Little Vein.