Lori's Reviews > Choosing to See: A Journey of Struggle and Hope

Choosing to See by Mary Beth Chapman

F 50x66
May 25, 2011

Read in May, 2011

I'm not really a "Christian" in the sense that Steven and Mary Beth Chapman would use the word...but I wanted to purchase and read this book to support them after their family tragedy, as I "know" the family peripherally (a very good friend is a very good friend of theirs, although they wouldn't know me from Adam LOL).

It was actually a revelation; Mary Beth has written a really good book: honest, real, open, and probably extremely helpful to anyone who is caught in a similar situation.
For those who don't know the history, one of their young daughters was run over at the family home, by their 17 yr old son, and died as a result of the accident. Not only was it a tragedy for the child, but for the son to have to live with that for the rest of his life....wow.

I really liked the book; and now admire the Chapmans even more for being the kind of people I can respect and admire. I should have known.

For those who don't enjoy the born-again message and are going to be bothered by it~you may want to choose another book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Choosing to See.