Good Reader's Reviews > Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work

Snakes in Suits by Paul Babiak

May 25, 11

bookshelves: psychology, nonfiction, management
Read from May 03 to 25, 2011

I feel nauseated. This is not because of the quality of this book but because of the prototypical examples of psychopaths in action, not only in the workplace, but in life. This book switches between novel-like accounts of psychopaths in action, and explanations of the psychology behind psychopathy and also tips for those who must be around a suspected pycshopath, particularly in the workplace. From the Christian perspective I hold, I kept wondering if these are the types of people that the bible describes as "having their consciences seared as with a hot iron". Not a pretty picture. Overall, this book will prepare you to be aware of potential psychopaths in your life and what to do about it. It does not promote paranoia and advises against labeling everyone being a psychopath who might have only one or two traits. I appreciated the authors responsibility in handling the tendency of people to do that, but at the same time this book does function as a warning, a warning that the average unsuspecting nice guy/gal needs to hear. I am not cynical about people, but I do think it is important to be "wise as serpents and gentle as doves". This book will help serve as a partial means to that end.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Snakes in Suits.