Marie's Reviews > Dead Reckoning

Dead Reckoning by Charlaine Harris

May 08, 11

Recommended for: Die-hard fans of the series
Read from May 05 to 06, 2011

I've been getting tired of this series for awhile now. Sometimes I just want to shake Sookie and to tell her to WAKE UP and cut all ties from the loons.
And other times I want to just toss her to a non-friendly non-sexy vampire and let them eat her and get it over with.
Still, I found this particular book better. I like Eric, and it had some Eric-y moments.
I guess I have two big pet peeves one this one. The first one is Sookie's religious holier-than-thou attitude that was bugging me. Alright, I read Christian literature occasionally, and I've found a few books I really loved. I enjoy it if a character has a religious outlook, because it makes them an interesting character. Still, something is a bit frustrating when Sookie is talking about being a good christian lady and then going off to (view spoiler) in the next paragraph. This book isn't the only one where this all happens, but it just got on my nerves this time around.
The other thing that bothers me is a giant spoiler, so read on with caution. (view spoiler)
I guess, all in all, this book was better than the last one... and even better than a few back. In my mind, the series is petering off and I'm getting tired of the love... hexagons? No, not enough sides...hmm.
Still, if you're a die-hard fan of the series, go for it. It's an improvement from the last book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dead Reckoning.

05/05/2011 page 166