Raghda's Reviews > The Five People You Meet in Heaven

The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom

May 03, 11

Read in January, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Five People You Meet in Heaven.

Quotes Raghda Liked

Mitch Albom
“That's what heaven is. You get to make sense of your yesterdays.

Holding anger is a poison. It eats you from inside. We think that hating is a weapon that attacks the person who harmed us. But hatred is a curved blade. And the harm we do, we do to ourselves”

Mitch Albom
“All parents damage their children. It cannot be helped. Youth, like pristine glass, absorbs the prints of its handlers. Some parents smudge, others crack, a few shatter childhoods completely into jagged little pieces, beyond repair.”

Mitch Albom
“Sometimes when you sacrifice something precious, you're not really losing it. You're just passing it on to someone else.”

Mitch Albom
“There are no random acts...We are all connected...You can no more separate one life from another than you can separate a breeze from the wind...”
tags: life

Mitch Albom
“Each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one.”
tags: life

Mitch Albom
“Heaven can be found in the most unlikely corners.”

Mitch Albom
“Death doesn't just take someone, it misses someone else, and in the small distance between being taken and being missed, lives are changed.”

Mitch Albom
“People say they 'find' love, as if it were an object hidden by a rock. But love takes many forms, and it is never the same for any man and woman. What people find then is a certain love. And [he] found a certain love with [her], a grateful love, a deep but quiet love, one that he knew, above all else, was irreplaceable.”

Mitch Albom
“This is the greatest gift God can give you: to understand what happened in your life. To have it explained. It is the peace you have been searching for.”

Mitch Albom
“Parents rarely let go of their children, so children let go of them. They move on. They move away. The moments that used to define them - a mother's approval, a father's nod - are covered by moments of their own accomplishments. It is not until much later, as the skin sags and the heart weakens, that children understand; their stories, and all their accomplishments, sit atop the stories of their mothers and fathers, stones upon stones, beneath the waters of their lives.”

Mitch Albom
“That's because no one is born with anger. And when we die, the soul is freed from it. But now, here, in order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did, and why you no longer feel it.”

Mitch Albom
“Lost love is still love, Eddie. It takes a different form, that's all. You can't see their smile or bring them food or tousle their hair or move them around a dance floor. But when those sense weaken, another heightens. Memory. Memory becomes your partner. You nurture it. You hold it. You dance with it.
Life has to end," she said. "Love doesn't.”

Mitch Albom
“All endings are also beginnings. We just don't know it at the time.”
Mitch Albom, The Five People You Meet In Heaven

Mitch Albom
“Holding anger is a poison...It eats you from inside...We think that by hating someone we hurt them...But hatred is a curved blade...and the harm we do to others...we also do to ourselves.”

Mitch Albom
“You have peace," the old woman said, "when you make it with yourself.”

Mitch Albom
“The only time we waste is the time we spend thinking we are alone.”

Mitch Albom
“No story sits by itself, Sometimes stories meet at corners and sometimes they cover one another completely, like stones beneath a river.”