Brooke's Reviews > Moonglass

Moonglass by Jessi Kirby

I'm so torn with a rating for Moonglass, but I'm going with a 4.5 / 5. While I loved it, it wasn't brilliant (although it certainly is one that will linger), so it falls just short of a 5 star for me.

Emotional, funny and thought provoking all at once, Jessi Kirby has weaved an intricate tale of a girl and her family and the struggles she faces 7 years after her mother's death. With a beachside cottage as the location of the book's characters, you have a perfect summer read right here. I could almost feel the salt water and humid air seeping into my skin as I read.

I think one of the factors I really was pleased with what that, like many others have said, I found it so easy to like Anna. She was strong but vulnerable, honest and raw, and the kind of girl you'd love to have as a friend.

With a great combination of secondary characters - don't you just want to hug Ashley? What a sweetie! And Tyler, wow, hi! I won't lie, I'm swooning - I found myself flying through the pages and I was, without a doubt, saddened when it came to an end.

I will most certainly be checking out Ms Kirby's upcoming second novel, In Honor.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Moonglass.

02/05/2012 page 45
19.0% "All books should be this effortless to read. I love it."
02/07/2012 page 114
49.0% "I rather like this book."
02/08/2012 page 211