Theresa Milstein's Reviews > 100 Stories for Queensland

4019647
Jun 26, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from May 12 to June 17, 2011

Jodi Cleghorn and the other editors did an impressive job on this anthology. I couldn't find typos, and they stayed true to the Australian, American, and British versions of English depending on the nationality of the particular author. I've noticed books printed from big publishers with typos. An undertaking this big being tight is impressive.

The stories varied from time travel, making a wish and having it come true, animals, humorous, relationships, and more. I would say I was really impressed with about 20% of the stories and enjoyed another 60%. With such an array, each kind of story isn't going to be for everyone. And to get it to be satisfying in under 1k words is no easy feat. I should know, since my story "Daisy" is included in the anthology.

Besides the 100 stories, there's a bonus bunch from the editors in the back of the book. These were some of my favorite stories.

I was glad to be a part of the anthology to help raise $ for Australian flood victims.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read 100 Stories for Queensland.

06/04/2011 page 105
show 4 hidden updates…

Jodi Cleghorn I believe you are the first person to have a copy!! So glad you are enjoying all the stories. 'Daisy' is one of my favs on the anthology.

Theresa Milstein Thank you, Jodi. I haven't gotten past B authors yet, but I'm enjoying it so far. My 8-year-old daughter read the first 5 stories. She loved "Kittens!" (of course).