*Queen Diva*'s Reviews > The Black Book of Secrets

The Black Book of Secrets by F.E. Higgins

Jun 21, 11

bookshelves: children-s-lit, library-book
Read from June 05 to 21, 2011

The title of this book (and the cover of a different edition of the book) caught my attention so I checked it out from the library. When I started reading it, I wasn't sure if I was going to like it...but it turns out, I really enjoyed it!

What I really liked about this book is that it was unpredictable. There were two ways the story could go and I wasn't sure which direction it would eventually go in. The reader is much like Ludlow when it comes to Joe, you really like him, but you're not sure if he's good or bad. He's so likeable...but should I like him? Should I be suspicious? Why is he so secretive? Is it because he's being protective or because he has an evil master plan? So I enjoyed that aspect of not knowing until the very end if Joe was going to be the hero or the villian, and I will not say which one he turned out to be ;-)

However, what I will say is if they ever made this book into a movie, Steve Valentine would have to play Joe, because he was who I was picturing the entire time:

Steve Valentine

(Yes, that is the guy from I'm in the Band... except I know him from the dreadfully awesome Estate of Panic that was once on Syfy... which this picture happens to be from. Oh Steve Valentine... now you're a Disney kid. Haha! He was also in the Wizards of Waverly Place movie!)

Anyway, moving on XD

Good book! I give it a thumbs up!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Black Book of Secrets.

06/11/2011 page 83