Kristy's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Jun 12, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, vampires-werewolves-and-magic-oh-my, widget-shelf, cover-love
Read from June 10 to 11, 2011 — I own a copy

It took a while for me to really get into this book. I was probably 100 pages in before I felt invested in the story. But once I did get interested, I was sucked in. It reminded me of the fairy tales I used to watch as a kid. I would love to see this made into a movie. It seems like just the right formula for a good children's movie, with the villain, the love stories, with a magical world where the girls would escape to dance in, and 12 sisters. (although I would like to see it made into a movie with adults in mind) I loved all the sisters. At first I thought it was a little corny that they were named after flowers, but by the end I found it endearing. I was also amazed at how well the author was able to individualize may of the sisters. Obviously, all the sisters didn't have defined personalities, but she did a great job with the older sisters, and giving them individual personality traits.

"It is not a Christmas tree!" said the King, so firmly that all the girls stopped jumping about. "This is a house of mourning. It is nothing more than a tree. I though it would look nice. Inside. That is all."

"Are we allowed to decorate this tree-that-is-not-a-Christmas-tree-that-is-just-meant-to-be-inside?" said Bramble

~The King and Bramble

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.