Laura's Reviews > Holly's Inbox

Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham

May 11, 11

bookshelves: book-club, 2011
Read from May 09 to 11, 2011

I was really not sure I would like this book. The book itself is really really thick and intimidating. It's also really hard to read at first because it is written 100% in email format and I found myself getting very confused about all the characters the first 100 pages of the book. After a while you grow accustomed to the names and start to learn the characters and their unique stories. After 200 pages, I was hooked on the book and found the pages to go by faster and faster. It took me approximately 2.5 days to finish this book - so longer than other books I've read recently but still excellent.

Every character is extremely well developed and the author is sure to make everyone's unique personality shine through their writing style in emails. The story is also excellent, leaving many parts of Holly and the other characters lives open to interpretation until it is confirmed later. The book is very comical at times and there is definitely a few characters whose sole purpose is to lighten the mood of the book and provide a chuckle.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and I'm excited to read the sequel at some point down the road!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holly's Inbox.

05/09/2011 page 23
05/10/2011 page 58
8.0% "Not sure how I feel about this yet. Its funny but I keep getting confused about the characters."
05/10/2011 page 330
49.0% "MUCH better and enjoying it, though I do want to reach the end. I feel its such a quick read, yet I have sooooo many pages left."
05/11/2011 page 398
59.0% "Jennie is suspicious"
show 1 hidden update…