Elizabeth's Reviews > The Gratitude Book Project: Celebrating Moms & Motherhood

The Gratitude Book Project by Donna Kozik

May 02, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction-other
Read in May, 2011

I am inspired by THE GRATITUDE BOOK PROJECT: CELEBRATING MOMS & MOTHERHOOD and its heartwarming stories and tributes to mothers of all kinds. These entries are real reflections by real, every day people. I know, because mine entitled "My Mother's Gift" was selected and included on page 193.

My book order came last week, and I'm very pleased with the quality of the book and the entries I have perused. I had assumed it would be an ideal Mother's Day gift, and indeed it would. As I read the entries, however, I truly think it would be an especially wonderful gift for expectant mothers or new mothers. It would also be appreciated by someone who has been LIKE a mother to you.

The best part is that the proceeds from Amazon sales will all go to Women for Women International, an organization that provides women survivors of war, civil strife and other conflicts with the tools and resources to move from crisis and poverty to stability and self-sufficiency, thereby promoting viable civil societies.

It has been a privilege to participate in this project, and I hope others will enjoy and share it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Gratitude Book Project.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Persis (new)

Persis Can't wait to read!

Elizabeth It's one of those books that you only want to read in limited doses, but many of the entries are inspiring.

Today was our "launch" day, and we're up to #10 on Amazon in the subcategory: Health, Mind & Body > Mental Health > Happiness. Right now we're #538 in overall sales on Amazon for the day. I'm not making any money off of it, but it's cool to be a co-author.