Michael's Reviews > Holy Bible: King James Version

Holy Bible by Anonymous

Feb 27, 08

bookshelves: novels

I guess it's pretty cheeky to give the Bible a bad review, but why not?

It's boring, self-contradictory, petty, and mean.

I only read it out of some kind of weird obligation to understand how the other 98% lives.

I did learn a lot, however.

If guests come by and want to rape my angel, I will let them rape my daughter.

So say we all!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Holy Bible.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Morgan (new)

Morgan Hess When addressing rape, the Bible says that if you commit rape you must pay a fine to the girl's father and marry her. I think that means that not only must you be willing to commit to a relationship with her, but you must pay an additional price because you forced it upon her. The Bible discourages rape.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I love this book but your review I love more! Great! I love a critic when it is reasonable like yours. Did you read "a crossing or the drop's history" by Anatoliy Obraztsov?

message 3: by Joz (new) - rated it 1 star

Joz Hunter I'm pretty sure Michael was refering to Sodom and Gomerah where the guy was praised for offering his daughter to the raping hoard of men to save his guests.

message 4: by Patrick (new)

Patrick Lot was also portrayed as a fairly shitty man (shiniest turd in Sodom) who wasn't supposed to be considered a role model. Christ is the only role model in that book, and Abraham was the main character of that story-arc.

message 5: by Rob (new) - rated it 5 stars

Rob Smith Many a man and woman gave their lives to bring forward this text, regardless of the false churches and corrupt leaders, Christ gave his time to the poor and the dying, without his contributions, there would be no hospitals for the less fortunate, or schools for the ignorant. Jesus, single handed, blessed the world with literacy and compassion. Merry Christmas!