Mimi's Reviews > Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder

Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

May 02, 11

Read in February, 2011

It’s funny how we discover writers and books sometimes. For instance, I was googling up Christopher Moore’s Fluke after I read it, and the name Joanne Fluke kept appearing. No, Joanne Fluke is not a whale or even a reasonable facsimile thereof, but a clever mystery writer who has written a series of mysteries revolving around an unlikely amateur detective/entrepreneur/baker extraordinaire….so I decided to give the first book in the series, Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder, a try.

Hannah Swenson decides to leave college when her father died so she could help out her family in the seemingly crime-free small town of Lake Eden, Minnesota. She then uses both her baking talents and her entrepreneurial spirit to establish the very popular Cookie Jar Bakery/Café. Little did she know that she would also become an “undercover agent” for her brother-in-law/police officer when a murder takes place right outside her bakery…and a darn good one at that!

This was a light, fast book to read and it was fun solving the murder mystery with this most improbable of crime solvers! …and she never could have done it without those delicious cookies, the recipes for which are included throughout the book (Mmmmm…Chocolate Chip Crunch Cookies, Regency Ginger Crisps, Pecan Chews, Black and Whites, Chocolate-Covered Cherry Delights, Old Fashioned Sugar Cookies & Lovely Lemon Bar Cookies!) I have to admit, the book made me hungry for something sweet… ;)
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder.