Cafelilybookreviews's Reviews > Unplanned

Unplanned by Abby Johnson

May 02, 11

I watched the Unplanned documentary with a lump in my throat. This is a powerful story of one woman’s choices and how those choices led her to be pulled into not only the worst experience of her life, but also led her to become a spoke person for the unborn. Her description of what she witnessed during an abortion procedure in her clinic is very hard to listen to – but necessary.

Had Abby Johnson never worked for Planned Parenthood, she might not have the passion for life and the drive to share the truth that she does today.

Her transformation was amazing and as I watched the dvd, I was touched by her honesty and vulnerability. Abby demonstrated great courage and conviction when she walked away from her job as clinic director of Planned Parenthood and joined forces with the pro-life group she had previously avoided at times. What struck me most about this story was the two types of “pro-life” groups that gather outside of abortion clinics. The quiet, peaceful prayer groups and the loud, obnoxious screamers who shout hurtful things to the women as they go into the clinic.

Abby wasn’t touched by the pro-life group screaming insults – it was a random act of kindness that planted a seed within her heart and eventually opened up a relationship with the Coalition for Life group. Unplanned is a beautiful example of “love conquering all” and I highly recommend it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unplanned.