Lauraadriana's Reviews > Take My Picture

Take My Picture by Giselle Ellis

Re-Read Rating 5++ Stars

Romance is about love right?...About giving selflessly just because giving to the one you love, gives you the joy of seeing them pleased and happy.

That was Jake an Aaron...They knew how to give to each other, even subconsciously, and that's how they loved. This book, was perfect for me...I can't say just how much.

Jake is a corky photographer who hires Aaron as an assistant when his trusted employee Alyson resigns to get married...From the first instant Jake and Aaron together, work perfectly, and are funny as HELL! They stay like that in platonic perfection, for five years.

Jake, Aaron, and Alyson (trusty fag hag who intervenes to get these dumbasses together when they get too stubborn) are one of the funniest trios I've read...Real comedy. Funny and smart, and just good.

This book was romance to the fullest, I was there with them suffering, wanting to scream in frustration, but knowing that it would happen, because two people that perfect for each other are helpless to their fate...Their ONLY choice was each other.

That HEA, that coming together, that was MONUMENTAL.

I loved this book. Every.Single.Page.

It's a favorite.

ETA: Re-read 01/2012 This book is still one of my favorites. I read this almost a year ago, and even after all the other M/M stories I've read since this one is still one of the most special. The love between these two men is a fucking Cold War, intensely complex, so real, so deep. I love them. I FRIGGIN LOVE THEM. Honestly if you are an M/M fan and you have not read this. Please do, just stop whatever it is you are reading, buy this and read it. Like right now.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Take My Picture.

05/05/2011
4.0% ""Do you think he's going to wear a badge that says ,i>Hello Name is Psychotic Serial Killer of Young and Very Poor men? That's bad serial killer form, you know"...LOL Love Aaron!"
05/05/2011
4.0% ""Do you think he's going to wear a badge that says ,Hello Name is Psychotic Serial Killer of Young and Very Poor men? That's bad serial killer form, you know"...LOL Love Aaron!"
05/05/2011
15.0% "Funniest book ever...EVER!"
05/05/2011
15.0% "'Now, what could have been a Barbra Streisand 'misty water colored memory' is just an unremarkable dude moment'...I love Aaron...LOVE!!"
05/05/2011
25.0% "Poor baby Jake...!"
45.0% "WHY???WHY??? ARE.MEN.SO.DAMN.STUPID!!!" 1 comment
60.0% "Crying...again!"
05/05/2011
70.0% "Okay have calmed down...time to see what happens with these two boys..."
05/05/2011
73.0% "I'm laughing again...laughing's good..."
05/05/2011
73.0% "'You're each other's poison, and there's no way around it'...'Yeah', he sighed 'we're kinda like Pamela and Tommy Lee.' I LOVE THIS BOOK...LOL" 1 comment
01/27/2012
21.0% "I fucking LOVE THIS BOOK!!! Why did J wait so long to re-read it?! WHY?!" 4 comments
01/27/2012
30.0% "Almost daily, Jake would ask Aaron a random and completely unnecessary question simply to hear him speak....*sighs* I Love them."
01/27/2012
40.0% "Because if you can explain him away, and everything you feel for him away, then I'd like you to tell me how you function without a heart..."
01/27/2012
50.0% "This is the bad part..."
01/27/2012
60.0% "GRRRRRR!! They're so flipping STUPID!!!...I love them, even if the make me cry."
80.0% "Love this book. Love this book. Love this book." 5 comments
show 1 hidden update…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

♡♥Ang ♥♡ I have this!!!

♡♥Ang ♥♡ Loving it already
" hes a lucky wanker who blew the right people"

Lauraadriana ~♡♥Ang ♥♡~ wrote: "Loving it already
" hes a lucky wanker who blew the right people""

OMG-I loved this book so much, you gonna cry girl!

♡♥Ang ♥♡ "flip" lmao I love it!!

♡♥Ang ♥♡ OMG uncle flip and uncle dake

"uncle dake you stink like farts" lmao

Lauraadriana ~♡♥Ang ♥♡~ wrote: "OMG uncle flip and uncle dake

"uncle dake you stink like farts" lmao"

Milo is so cute and Alyson ROCKS!!

Lauraadriana Edina have you read this one?! You have to, you have to!! But I must warn you, have tissues handy because you WILL cry. OMG I want to read it again. It is so so so so GOOD!!

Edina Rose Yes, I have. I loved it (5stars)! And I've read it twice already. I was thinking about reading it now because after Mateo and Fletcher's story I needed something lighter with soulmates who can only end up together. And I read your review and you said "two people that perfect for each other are helpless to their fate...their ONLY choice was each other". And I thought, that's it! I'm off to my bookshelf!

Lauraadriana Edina wrote: "Yes, I have. I loved it (5stars)! And I've read it twice already. I was thinking about reading it now because after Mateo and Fletcher's story I needed something lighter with soulmates who can only..."

Oh man this is a good one! I'm also with Teo and Fletch...and will need a big kind of HEA after this!

❂ Endless This one is like the COOLEST short reads i've ever read...hands down! It's absolutely fabulous! This is a MUST read! Hope you enjoy it as much as we did Edina! :-)

message 11: by Edina (last edited Sep 06, 2011 03:03PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Edina Rose @ Endless: Finish the book, this is my second re-read of the book, and I still give it five stars (when I re-read some books I feel like giving a lower rating).

@Laura: Have you finished Teo and Fletch's story? Want some tea (Edina's fav medicine)? Some chocolate? A tissue? Ben is great but between the bromance and the unfinished romance, I think he should take pity on us a give us a perfect HEA in his next book! If only writers could write on demand... Awww!

Lauraadriana Edina wrote: "@ Endless: Finish the book, this is my second re-read of the book, and I still give it five stars (when I re-read some books I feel like giving a lower rating).

@Laura: Have you finished Teo and F..."

Hey I did finish it and cried like a fool for HOURS ! Had thw hardest time writing the review too. And yes, that boy can write.

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Wait...one of the guys has a relationship with someone else? Does that go on for a long time?

❂ Endless Laddie...why do you want to spoil the book for yourself...read it and find out... C'mon, be brave!
It'll be good...i promise..? ;-)

♥Laddie♥ (Lee Lee) Endless wrote: "Laddie...why do you want to spoil the book for yourself...read it and find out... C'mon, be brave!
It'll be good...i promise..? ;-)"

Awww okay, I'll try to read it with no spoilers. Bah humbug. ;P

❂ Endless Lol! All the best, Ms. Scrooge. ;-P

Lauraadriana Endless wrote: "Laddie...why do you want to spoil the book for yourself...read it and find out... C'mon, be brave!
It'll be good...i promise..? ;-)"

Yeah Lad! What Endless said! No spoilers!

Bookbee I agree, I agree, I agree!!! This is one of my all-time favourites! *sigh* Wish I could read it for the first time all over again! :)

Lauraadriana Bookbee wrote: "I agree, I agree, I agree!!! This is one of my all-time favourites! *sigh* Wish I could read it for the first time all over again! :)"

Love them so much :0)

Alyse You said it so perfectly I couldn't even bring myself to write a real review lol

Lauraadriana Alyse wrote: "You said it so perfectly I couldn't even bring myself to write a real review lol"

Thanks! This is still a real favorite, I just read it a couple of weeks ago and still loved it to the last page.

message 22: by B (last edited Jan 23, 2014 06:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

B I love your review on this book , that is just how I feel about it , read it again today in one seating.

Lauraadriana It's such a wonderful story. Could read it again and again! Actually, I have!