Heidi's Reviews > Pippi Longstocking

Pippi Longstocking by Astrid Lindgren

May 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011-book-challenge, fiction, children-0-12, series, juv-6-12
Read from May 02 to 03, 2011

May: Read a book with a green cover. This one does. About time I read it. Of course, I've never really liked Pippi. We watched a couple of the movies when we were little. I hated the theme song and Pippi got on my nerves. So I avoided the books because of that. The book was full of little stories about Pippi's adventures. Some I liked. Some I didn't.

I unfortunately still don't like Pippi. I can't help it. She gets on my nerves. Maybe it's because I'm like the other adults in the book. I have no doubt about her being fun-loving, full of energy and adventure, and hoping to do right and have everyone like her. I like that about her. But she can be such an idiot about common sense things. Don't judge me--I hated Amelia Bedelia. So it makes sense that I don't really connect with Pippi. But it's still a fun book that I'm sure children love to read because Pippi is so different and they can see how some of what she does is just not what one does. It was good enough that I was able to send it home with a girl yesterday for a book report--she was so excited!
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pippi Longstocking.

Saralyn Love this book!

Saralyn By the way, do partially green covers count? I'm not talking like a dot of green, but say if it's at least a third of the cover-ish?

Heidi I wondered that myself. I think we should say OK. Because it's so hard finding a book of all that color! What about if the print copy was green, but the audio I listen to isn't. Haven't come across that, yet, but just in case.

message 4: by Nancy (new)

Nancy Seligsohn Heidi,

Pippi has come out by several different publishers. My illustrations are from the Scholastic edition. Sadly, the cover is not my own (but the pictures inside are mine). I'd like to know what you thought of the illustrations.