Edina Rose's Reviews > Downtime

Downtime by Tamara Allen

4520379
May 10, 11

I wanted to love this book so much! I loved Whistling in the Dark and I expected something equally amazing. But unfortunately, that was not the case.

There were too many things to deal with in one book - or the book should have been longer. Talk about biting more than you can chew... And the plot was a bit messy as well. There were major decisions/actions unexplained, choices that did not make sense at all, and an investigation that was not interesting. For this reason, the romance-mystery was not as good as it could have been.

However, the characters saved the book for me. How not to like Ezra, Nash and all the secondary characters? Even the serial killer is a great character. For this reason, in spite of all the shortcomings of the book, I enjoyed reading it a lot.

I would recommend it to readers who will enjoy a romance with a messy plot as long as the characters are great.

3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Downtime.

Lauraadriana OHHH NOOO!! I'm re-reading Whistling in the Dark and was planning on reading one next...it is really bad! :O(

Edina Rose It is still good, Laura, because the characters (main and secondary) are great, and the romance between the two heroes is absolutely beautiful. You like WitD, you'll like Downtime. Maybe not as much as WitD, but still, it is definitely worth reading.