Inspired Kathy's Reviews > A Season of Eden

A Season of Eden by J.M. Warwick

May 03, 11

bookshelves: read-in-2011
Read from May 02 to 03, 2011

I jumped at the chance to read this book simply because of the author, I didn't even read the book summary before accepting this book for review. When I got the book and read the summary I was a little worried. He's my teacher. I shouldn't be alone with him. But I can't help that he's irresistible. Having read Jennifer Lauren before I only hesitated for a minute before starting the book. The subject matter maybe taboo I found myself enjoying this forbidden love story. To put your mind at ease she is 18 and he is 22 which doesn't make a teacher/high school student relationship ethical but at least it's not perverted.

I'm fairly certain I can guess which of my friends will love this story and which ones won't. There is some cool symbolism in the book - think Eden & forbidden fruit. I had many other things I should have done today but this book kept calling me back to it to finish it whenever I tried to put it down.

I can't decide if I love or hate the ending. I'm one for closure and having everything tied up with a nice big bow and we don't get that. Usually this would annoy me to not get the ending I wanted but I was ok with the open ending. However, I'd love to have Jennifer write an epilogue to give me the happily ever after nice big bow I wanted especially if she included another scene involving the piano.

Content: no language, no sex scene, no graphic violence which would mean it would fit the category of a clean read.... however content makes me hesitant to label this "clean". There is talk of sex & hooking up, there is the taboo subject of a high school student involved with her teacher and there is lots of sexual tension and desire and a pretty intense make out scene. So perhaps a clean read for an adult but not for a teenager?

Rating: 4 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Season of Eden.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa I always enjoy reading your reviews. Definitely will read!

Heidi NOT happy with the ending right now! I thought my book must have downloaded wrong and missed a few chapters:). Enjoyed your review.thnks.