Rachel T's Reviews > The Mating

The Mating by Nicky Charles

May 06, 11

bookshelves: buddy-recommend, shape-shifters, paranormal-romance, werewolves
Read from May 03 to 05, 2011

This book was recommended to me as one of my buddy reads! I wish there was a half star available because I can't just give it three but debated if it was worthy of a four!

The story revolves around two main characters, Alpha Kane and his mate Elise. Elise finds herself in an arranged mating with Kane and at first is very hesitant to open her mind, body and soul to it. As the story progresses, she realizes just how complex Kane is, and decides to be the best mate she can be for him!

I don't want to get into too many details of this book, and quite honestly there are so many ways to break it down .. but I can't do that without giving major spoilers.

I found this book at times a little choppy ... meaning that there wasn't a smooth transition from scene to scene at times. It reminded me of a play that is broken down with blocking notes and curtain up and curtain down. That is the only critical aspect I have of this book!

Nicky really has written a beautiful story of innocence and good! I found myself smiling many times through the story and really rooting for these two to find their way. I loved the conflicting characters (man Marla had me steaming). I thought the love scenes were appropriate and hot at times .. but by no means did these scenes dominate this book. I found I had a hard time putting this story down .. so for me, this author delivered!

I believe this is one of Nicky Charles first books ... well let me tell you there is a serious future for this author. Looking forward to reading the sequel!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mating.