Christy (TheReaderBee)'s Reviews > The Magnolia League

2201617
May 04, 11

bookshelves: arcs-for-review, read-in-2011, ya-series
Read from May 02 to 04, 2011

Review also posted on my Blog.

The Magnolia League was a quick, funny read. I wanted to check it out because it’s a book about the South, and well, I’m from the South! It was definitely interesting, albeit somewhat confusing at times.

The main character, Alex, was a bit much for me to take. She’s very different from most girls. She was very much a hard core hippie. I had a really hard time connecting with the character. My favorite character in the book was Hayes, who was a Junior Magnolia Leaguer. I don’t know what it was about her, but she didn’t really come off as a snob to me, and I really liked the character. Most of the other characters in the story fell flat for me, unfortunately.

The plot was very interesting, and I did enjoy reading about the HooDoo and the southern background. I did not care for all the reference to marijuana, and there was a lot of it. The book also has lots of secrets in it, with a lot that didn’t get answered. I’m hoping we will get more information in the next book.

Overall, this was an Ok read for me. I will be checking out the next book in the series, just to see where the author goes with the series.

Thank you to Poppy and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this book!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magnolia League.

05/02/2011 page 32