Becky's Reviews > England's Perfect Hero

England's Perfect Hero by Suzanne Enoch

Nov 01, 11

bookshelves: historical
Read from October 29 to November 01, 2011

A nice final book in the Lessons in Love series. I'd read the first last year (library) and managed to pick this one up at a going-out-of-business sale, but have yet to get my hands on the second in the series--which ended up not being a huge problem; they hero and heroine of that one are in this book quite a bit, but honestly, you really know who's going to end up with whom before you read the book anyway in these novels. I'm okay with that, and will definitely still be looking forward to getting my hands on that second one.

Having read about Robert in the first book, it was great to see him in his own story and to have a front row seat as he began to heal from his ordeal during the war. His PTSD and journey out of it were nicely done, and Lucinda was the perfect heroine to help him along. There's a lot about relationships in this one--not just the romantic variety but also friendship (Luce, Georgie, and Evie as well as the Carroways and their various friends) and families (Luce and her father and the Carroways)--and that was fun to read. A nice touch of intrigue and a potential traitor to the crown rounded up a story that wasn't always the most realistic but nonetheless was quite entertaining.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read England's Perfect Hero.