Becky's Reviews > Out of Control

Out of Control by Suzanne Brockmann

Sep 01, 11

bookshelves: action, contemporary
Read from August 30 to September 01, 2011

I love this series! The blending of a current story--with two main characters and several secondary storylines--with a past story dealing with the WWII era that each has is amazing. This one was particularly well done, with the back story told as a best-selling book, a book that no less than four characters are reading and the fictional author is actually in a studio narrating for an audiobook at one point (which was very neat in an Escher-like way, since I was listening to this on audio). How can you not love a book in which so many characters are enjoying reading a book? A book about history, nonetheless? I've been waiting for Ken "Wild Card" to have his story for a few books now (especially after the beginning of book three, poor guy)--and his witchy ex is revealed as even more of a witch in this novel, so he totally deserved his chance--and it didn't disappoint. I'm always amazed at how Brockmann can take so many characters and seemingly separate storylines and make so many solid and believeable parallels between them, bringing them all together for an ending you just don't want to put down. I'll be reading book five soon, and not just because it'll get me that much closer to book six, where Sam and Alyssa FINALLY get their own story. :-)
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Out of Control.