Michelle's Reviews > Divergent

Divergent by Veronica Roth

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: made-me-cry, 2011, favorites
Read on July 30, 2011 — I own a copy, read count: 1

This is the only dystopian book that I have read to date that I absolutly could not put down. Tris is such a good character and for someone who doesn't think she knows who she is, she stays true to her self throughout the entire book. Tris is the kind of character I like to have the perspective of because she is truthfull and doesn't believe something just because she is told to. And oh the Romance!! It was eased into and you weren't aware of it the moment the character was introduced. I love Tris' mother as a character even though she isn't in a lot of the book.

The downside is the many of the secondary character's other then Tris and her family felt disposable and when unfortunate things happened I didn't feel disappointed as I do in many other books. Yes, I admit I cried and one point (I'm a baby I know) but I felt like I should have been for more than one charcter. I don't want to let any spoilers out here.

Overall, This deserves all 5 stars and I can't wait for the next book in the series. <3

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Divergent.

Quotes Michelle Liked

Veronica Roth
“Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing.'

'Well,' he says, 'I would only go if there was cake.”

Veronica Roth
“Sometimes crying or laughing are the only options left, and laughing feels better right now.”

Veronica Roth
“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.”

Veronica Roth
“I might be in love with you." He smiles a little. "I'm waiting until I'm sure to tell you, though.”

Veronica Roth
“She is well practiced in the art of losing herself.”