Jess the Romanceaholic's Reviews > Eternal Captive

Eternal Captive by Laura Wright

This is a Quickie Review. For the full review, please visit The Romanceaholic.

Expected Release Date: February 7, 2012
Publisher: Penguin
Imprint: Signet
Author’s Website: www.laurawright.com
My Source for This Book: Library
Part of a Series: Yes, Book 3, Mark of the Vampire
Series Best Read In Order: Yes
Steam Level: Hot

I have not read the other books in this series. I actually started the first book, Eternal Hunger twice, but for some crazy reason never ended up finishing it (which I admit is ridiculous, because it was an enjoyable read. That’s neither here nor there however), and as such, I’m woefully behind on the mythology and main story arc of the series. I did end up feeling as though I’d arrived late to the party, and that there were several facts and situations that I was supposed to be familiar with before starting this one.

While I wanted to roll my eyes at the “island” scene in its entirety, and I was more annoyed than frightened by the Big Bad, I admit that I did enjoy this one. The chemistry between Bronwyn and Lucian was crackling, and while I don’t particularly care for crude sexual language in romance, even with the c-word being thrown around willy-nilly, I couldn’t deny the heat in the love scenes.

Recommended for fans of steamy paranormal romance, fated mates, and truly starcrossed lovers.

4/5 Stars.

Reading Order:
- Eternal Hunger
- Eternal Kiss
- Eternal Blood (eBook Novella)
- Eternal Captive
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Eternal Captive.

02/09 marked as: read