Tamara's Reviews > Medical Error

Medical Error by Richard L. Mabry

May 01, 11

bookshelves: favorites

MEDICAL ERROR, the second installment in the Prescription for Trouble series by Richard L. Mabry, M.D. did not disappoint. Reading it on the heels of CODE BLUE, I once again found engaging characters and a unique plot.

When Dr. Anna McIntyre loses a patient due to an identity mix-up she’s baffled. But that is only the tip of the iceberg when she finds out her own identity has been stolen. Forged prescriptions, her credit in ruins, and a positive HIV test has Anna backed up against the wall. When suspended from work and questioned by the police, Anna realizes the only way to clear her name is to do it herself. Dangerous as it may be, she forges ahead knowing her alternative is to be arrested for murder. With the help of attorney Ross Donovan and Pathologist Nick Valentine, she tries to piece together the puzzle that has become her life.

MEDICAL ERROR was much like CODE BLUE. A female doctor in trouble with more than one man vying for her attention, but that didn’t deter my interest one bit. Again, Mabry created a bevy of multiplexed characters and a storyline that kept me guessing and turning page after page. There were a few fringed ends left dangling that I would’ve liked to see sew up, but overall an engaging read. I will definitely be picking up DIANOSIS DEATH the third installment in the Prescription for Trouble series releasing in Spring 2011.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Medical Error.