Tabi34's Reviews > Nancy's Mysterious Letter

F_50x66
May 01, 11

bookshelves: nancy-drew
Read in May, 2011

First a quick summary - Nancy invites the postman in for a cup of hot cocoa and his mailbag is stolen from the entrance way. Inside the bag was a special delivery letter for Nancy all the way from England. Fast forward, Nancy learns that the letter was for Nancy Smith-Drew and it was about a small inheritance; Nancy and her friends Bess and George set about finding this other Nancy Drew and solving the the mystery of who stole the mailbag. Of course the mysteries are intertwined. Nancy and the girls head off to watch Ned Nickerson win the football game for Emerson College, while George and Bess are also dating boys from the same college, but they are only on the reserve string. Nancy gets locked in a gym, hit by a sled, nearly run over, nearly nailed by a falling theatre curtain and finally knocked out by drugging, but the plucky Nancy just keeps going and solves the mysteries.
I'm still confused as to where Nancy lives; A sailor mentions that his wife moved him to an area far away from the smell of the sea, but Nancy and her friends talk about going to New York like it's just a drive. Later, they take a plane to LaGuardia and a taxi to Kennedy. So I guess I have a mystery to solve also...what state does Nancy live in? She and her friends are still able to drive around, fly to New York all without worry about money, but with no apparent jobs. It's a good thing that Mr. Drew is a world famous lawyer so he can continue to support his daughter. I also found the whole weekend at Emerson College charming, with the girls staying in a room together. One problem I had with the football game, I don't know too many quarterbacks who are also kickers. Do you think the author didn't know too much about football and the editor assumed that girls reading the book wouldn't either?

This one, while it wasn't an intense book, was fun.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nancy's Mysterious Letter.