Bonnie's Reviews > The Final Week of Jesus

The Final Week of Jesus by Max Lucado

May 01, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, christian, bible-study, inspirational
Read on May 01, 2011

One ordinary week. Preparations for Passover were made, the Sabboth was observed, children played, stories were told. Just an ordinary week. No miracles or healings for all to see. No splitting the sky to make a point. No moving the temple but a mere house cleaning.

Christ asks His disciples “What do you think about the Christ? Whose Son is he? (Matt 22:42)

Not what He has done but who He is.

Max Lucado points out, “…no one could ever dream a person as incredible as He is. The idea that a virgin would be selected by God to bear himself… The notion that God would don a scalp and toes and two eyes… The thought that the King of the universe would sneeze and burp and get bit by mosquitoes… it’s too incredible. Too revolutionary. We would never create such a Savior. We aren’t that daring.”

Max Lucado takes the events of Jesus’s last week and weaves them together with stories from his life. Although it is obviously a book about Lent it is a bringing together of life today and how Jesus’s last week is a personal walk we all must take. We are born, we live and we die. These are the facts. Having God present in our lives shines through how we live, makes the going through process bearable.

I began this book a few weeks ago, put it down, misplaced it, found it again, finished it in one sitting. A meditative, engaging read which left me with a feeling of peace as I read the last chapter.

What do you think about the Christ? Whose son is He?

How was your week this week? Did you try to do everything yourself or did you take the hand of The Father and follow His lead?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Week of Jesus.

03/13/2011 page 32
03/21/2011 page 32
13.0% "Originally thought this was a children's book. It's not! I am beginning it again sometime this week. Have been asked to write a review for our church."