Tara's Reviews > The White Glove War

The White Glove War by Katie Crouch

Jul 09, 12

bookshelves: released-wishlist
Read from July 03 to 07, 2012

Review originally posted on my blog: http://hobbitsies.net/wordpress/2012/...

So here’s the deal. I liked The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch, but I had a couple of issues with it while reading. But I picked up The White Glove War because I genuinely enjoyed the setting (love Southern settings!) and the concept (a league of rich people dabbling in hoodoo) and I wanted to see where Katie Crouch goes with it.

I have to say, The White Glove War was much better than The Magnolia League. The overall storyline was much more high stakes – there were a lot of near death experiences and creepy dark magic and I liked the intense aspect of the story.

I also liked getting to know Hayes better. Her point of view in The White Glove War was really refreshing because whenever I got to the point of wanting to shake Alex, we switched to Hayes’ perspective. And I liked seeing the relationship between Alex and Thaddeus develop. Plus there were a lot of secrets revealed throughout the course of The White Glove War that really helped to develop the characters overall.

Basically, if you liked The Magnolia League, or if you were on the fence with it, I recommend picking up The White Glove War by Katie Crouch. The White Glove War felt more developed to me and I really liked the high stakes plot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The White Glove War.