Tricia's Reviews > Original Sin

Original Sin by Beth McMullen

May 04, 11

Read from May 01 to 03, 2011

Original Sin by Beth McMullen

I was thrilled to get this book to review as I loved the premise and haven't read anything like this before.
Lucy Parks Hamilton used to be Agent 26, code named Sally Sin, working for the United States Agency for Weapons of Mass Destruction. Now, she is a stay at home mom enjoying her three-year-old son Theo and her husband Will Hamilton.
One of the rules for leaving “The Agency” is that they may call you and you must answer the call.
So after a blissful few years, Lucy is called by her mentor and boss, Simon Still, and the adventure ensues.
In the first chapter or two I thought the humor was a little contrived but as I read further I was very amused by the writing and main character.
It became an easy flow of humor and dialogue. I especially loved the interaction between Lucy and her son Theo. Quite a few chuckles to be had. But it isn't all laughs, there is an absorbing mystery to be resolved. Also, Lucy's nemesis, Ian Blackford, makes for an interesting back story as they recount the spy days.
I really had a hard time putting this book down and I am adding this author to my must read list. I can't wait for the next one!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Original Sin.

05/01/2011 page 50