Staci's Reviews > Russian Winter

May 05, 11

bookshelves: tlc-tour-2011, 2011-reads
Recommended to Staci by: TLC Book Tour
Read from May 01 to 04, 2011

My Thoughts: I was pulled into this story from the very first chapter. The whole premise of the book intrigued me from the beginning and I have to say that the author delivered a stellar read. I especially enjoyed how the author weaved Nina's past into her present. It came together cohesively and really added that extra special layer to this story. The jewels had me mesmerized and I often found my mind wandering as to what they looked like and feeling a sort of attachment to them. Strange, huh? This story has many elements that make it a top-notch read; a mystery, closely guarded secrets, well-written fleshed out characters, time periods that just call to you, gorgeous gems, and wonderful writing.

Recommend? Without hesitation. If you're looking for a smart story that comes alive while reading then I think this would a story for you. I've pretty much read nothing but top-notch reviews on this book and I believe this book truly deserves them all and more. Treat yourself and read this one!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Russian Winter.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Marg (new) - added it

Marg Just finished this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Staci Marg wrote: "Just finished this yesterday and thoroughly enjoyed it."

I've read some great reviews so far so I'm really looking forward to reading it!

message 3: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Staci, I am putting this on my TBR list!!! Thanks!

Staci Laura wrote: "Staci, I am putting this on my TBR list!!! Thanks!"

It was an awesome book..will be on my top 10 for sure!

message 5: by Laura (new) - added it

Laura Top 10! That is always a good sign! Right now I am reading American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld and that will be on my Top 10. Have you read it?

Staci No, but I want to!!