MISS VAIN's Reviews > Wait for Dusk

Wait for Dusk by Jocelynn Drake

Jul 08, 11

bookshelves: jocelynn-drake, series-that-i-m-obsessed-with
Read from July 06 to 08, 2011

Jocelyn Drake creation Mira "The Firestarter" is undeniably one of the most unique and brilliant Nightwalkers I have had the pleasure to read about!

Best book in the series and By far the best book I've read in a Long time

Finally!!! is all I can say...Jocelyn Drake gave us what we've been frustratingly waiting for between Mira and Blood boiling sexy Danaus since the beginning of the series. The (view spoiler) was well worth the wait too.

Mira, Danaus, Valeiro, and Stefan are off to Budapest in this action packed installment, but it's not a vacation because as we all know where Mira leads trouble always follows. I absolutly LOVED this book from the first page until the end. Drake upped the anti in the fifth installment of the series Wait For Dusk.It had everything I wanted a test of loyalty, friendships, love, lust, bloodshed, horror, heartache and death.

What I've grown to appreciate about Mira is that if she's your friend then she will think nothing of risking her life to save you. If shes your enemy she will relently pursue you until your dead. Not only does she use her mighty powerful resources to do so but she also uses others skills and techniques to destroy. She's Ruthless and will destroy fellow Nightwalkers just to prove she can demanding the respect of Nightwalkers alike.

"No!" he screamed as I raised my right fist. He tried to catch it with his wounded left hand that was still leaking sizzling blood, but he was too weak from my earlier attack. My fist punctured his breast plate and went straight to his heart. I screamed in pain and triumph as I wrapped my fingers around his shriveled heart and slowly pulled it free of his chest.

Drake makes it easy to feel connected to this wonderfully passionate protagonist Mira. The last couple chapters Mira feels pain and I cried along with her, however by the end of the book I'm rejoicing triumphantly as she avenges someone she loves.

On the dais, Jabari, Elizabeth, and Macaure sat in their chairs, appearing calm and regal as always. Meanwhile, I was windblown and looking as if I had crawled from the pits of Hell to confront them in all my fury. They were the Old World, with their old traditions and old schemes. I felt as if I were purely a force of nature, ready to rain down my terror on all of them. But for now all my energies were going to be focused on one smug face. He didn't think I would dare to confront him head on because of his age and powers. I was more than happy to prove him wrong.

My only regret with this book is that I devoured all 372 pages too quickly and it ended too soon. Anybody who has not read this series needs to now!

P.s. The cover for this book is scorchingly Hot!! ;)

Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Wait for Dusk.

07/06/2011 page 1
0.0% "Oh this cover is delicious!! I must say that Danaus looks scorchingly HOT. ;)"

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: Cheese n Crackers!! Im so behind!!

MISS VAIN LOL! Are you reading this series too?

Mrs.Vishous-Kattalakis-Belikov :::Para Itch Reviews::: I found it a discount book store a couple of weeks ago but havent been able to start it yet! I really wanna though! I see its good!

MISS VAIN I absolutely love this series!!! This book was the best too. Mira puts the capital B in Bad-Ass!!!