Nicole 's Reviews > The Perfect Play

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton

May 01, 2011

liked it
Read on January 01, 2012 — I own a copy

So I have finally started getting back into reading Romance Novels and decided that I was going to start by reading some that have been on my to-read list for awhile now.

Enter The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton.

Yeah, so I am going to admit that I was first drawn to this book by the cover. I mean, take a look at it! Who wouldn’t stop and stare at that cover? Who doesn’t love a hot, sweaty, muscular and topless man? If you don’t, then please stop reading right now. For those of you who do, let’s carry on!

Now while the cover is enough to grab your interest, the real question is does the book hold your interest? The answer: YES!

The Perfect Play by Jaci Burton was the perfect mix of interaction, plot, development, romance, and dialogue. It’s so easy for Romance novels to come across as completely unbelievable and phony, even when they are meant to be contemporary. The Perfect Play felt more realistic in the interactions and dialogue between characters, while still managing to maintain that bit of fantasy that draws readers into a romance novel in the first place. Oh, and I guess that I should mention that the sex scenes were hot, hot, hot.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Perfect Play.