Danielle's Reviews > The Bodyguard

The Bodyguard by Cherry Adair

May 01, 11

Read in August, 2010

I purchased this book just to read Gena Showalter's Temptation in Shadows. I am a huge fan of Showalter and I could not resist buying it any longer.

The story was good and I really liked the characters. I think that this short story really could have been a full novel like the Extraordinary Girl books. It shared a lot of elements that the EG novels had. i.e. Girl experimented on+ potentially dangerous "power"= being a target that is a danger to herself and the world. Girl is protected by man assigned to her with "powers" of his own. The story moved very quickly and the characters very quickly realized that they cared about each other deeply (and of course were intensely turned on by each other and have a really HOT scene together- it IS Showalter). The only thing I was sad to see was its quick end... as with all of Gena's work, I wish it would go on and on.

I had never read anything from Adair or O'Clare and I am not sure if the stories in this book were enough to make me curious enough to look for anymore from them, but anything with Showalter's name on it is enough for me to purchase and I was not disapointed that I had the opportunity to read more of her work.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bodyguard.