Debbie 's Reviews > A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man

A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man by Celeste Bradley

Jun 20, 11

bookshelves: reviewer-copy, contemporary-romance, erotic, historical-romance
Read in June, 2011

After the disappointing response to her last exhibit, Piper Chase-Pierpont knew her job was on the line. Needing to pull off the best show possible for the Boston Museum of Culture and Society (BMCS) as well as showcasing the much admired Ophelia Harrington for her stand against slavery, Piper engrossed herself in her work. Discovering a well hidden secret about the women’s life was a shock. Another shock was running into the man (Magnus “Mick” Malloy) she had been infatuated with long ago, he broke her heart. Using the information she had unearthed of Ophelia’s life, Piper enacted her own version of seduction. ….. Ophelia did not want to be wed to anyone, especially Lord Malcolm Ashford, she was determined to live her lie her own way . Searching out the beautiful and renowned courtesan known as the Swan was a start, convincing her to help ensure her freedom by also becoming a courtesan was the goal. Training to become was to last a week, her trainer was to be known only as Sir, he came to her every night with a mask firmly in place and taught her how to please a man and herself.

Wow, two stories, one a contemporary romance and the other is a historical romance. Thoroughly enjoyed both of them. A bit predictable (both stories), but what lovely details (both stories). Very explicit and scintillating with the sex talk and scenes (both stories). Mick’s Irish brogue was rattling around in my head even just reading his words, I liked that. Difficult to put down, the intensity of it (both stories) was addictive. At times I did find it annoying to break off one story to go to the other right when I really wanted to know what was about to happen next. Not exactly sure which author did what parts of the stories or if it was a collaboration in total. Never read anything from either of these author before, but if this is any indication of their writing, I am sure to read them both again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Courtesan's Guide to Getting Your Man.